Organize for Global Justice Full-Time!
Director — New York Citizens Trade Campaign
The New York Citizens Trade Campaign is a start-up coalition of labor, environmental, family farm and community-based organizations working together to stop the expansion of NAFTA-style trade agreements and to promote a positive vision for international trade. NYCTC educates, organizes and mobilizes New Yorkers to participate in trade policy debates and advance social and economic justice. More information about our work is available at: http://www.citizenstrade.org/ctc/new-york/
NYCTC seeks a Director to move us out of our start-up phase, and oversee all aspects of our programmatic and organizational development. The Director’s principle responsibilities include:
* Expanding the start-up board and bringing supportive organizations formally into the coalition
* Building relationships with and increasing participation from member organizations and other supporters
* Developing and executing a fundraising plan to supplement existing dedicated funds
* Handling all internal and external communications and administrative tasks
* Developing legislative campaign plans on a district-by-district basis
* Mobilizing member organizations and individual supporters to take action
* Coordinating contact with New York’s Congressional delegation and other elected officials
* Organizing public events, conducting earned media and leading other campaign tactics
* Communicating with coalition members and supporters about issue developments and the coalition’s work
* Staying on top of national and local trade policy developments
* Coordinating regularly with our national partners
Only highly-organized self-starters should consider applying. A successful candidate will:
* Have a deep commitment to and passion for social and economic justice
* Work well independently and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
* Have at least three years organizing experience (professional or volunteer), ideally with legislative campaigns
* Have experience working with volunteers and developing leadership
* Have strong communication skills and basic experience with public speaking and writing
* Be able to manage a budget and make decisions regarding cash flow
* Be comfortable working with labor unions, environmental groups and family farm organizations and people of diverse races, sexualities and political backgrounds
* Fluency in languages beyond English is a strong plus
Hours, Location & Compensation
The position is based in New York state. Exact location and hours per week are negotiable. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
as soon as possible. We will consider resumes until the position is filled. No calls please.
MAINERS… We are also collecting resumes for a possible opening with the Maine Fair Trade Campaign. If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and we will inform you if and when a formal interview process begins.