Selling off the Farm: a talk by attorney Sharon Treat, Citizen Trade Policy Commissioner and former Maine legislator. (download pdf invitation)
The Brunswick talk was dedicated to the good work
of Selma Sternlieb’s.(see photo of Selma at Bowdoin
College event) VideoArchive of talk is available.
Oct 7, 2016 Boston Rock the TPP Free concert, Next Day Teach-In!
-August 2016 Peace Fair-Maine Fair Trade Campaign tabled & collected #noTPP signatures.
-July 2016 Maine Fair Trade participated in Clean Energy Revolution Rally in Philly
-April 2016 Maine Fair Trade Campaign participated in Hope Festival
–Feb. 4, 2016 national day of protest against TPP signing in NZ.
We highlighted impact on FOOD, JobsJustice&Climate and ask our Congress members for a public statement on TPP.
#F4 #noTPP #NoTPPforME-print Feb4 LecternLogo
–Jan 24 Sunday, 2016 Webinar by Treat: public interest laws at risk from TPP TTIP.
-Jan 11, 2016 Delivered NoTPP Sign-On letters to Maine’s 4 Congressional delegates
–Dec 12, 2015 MFTC joins Climate Rally on Boston Common: Jobs, Justice, Climate.
–November 7: Eleanor Humes Haney Fund: 15 years funding 70 orgs celebration!
• Recent event: Maine Fair Trade Campaign joins trade4People on Oct 14(FB) in Portland Maine(flier)
•Sharon Treat’s summary of how “free trade” deals undermine effective climate strategy.
•Occupy Seacoast OLB on Market Street in Portsmouth_Kittery May 5
•Maine Fair Trade collected Fast Track Petition Signatures at April 25 Hope Festival in Orono
• Maine Fair Trade joined the National Day of Action Against Fast Track April 19 in Portland.
• “Fast-Tracking Global Warming”: February 10 at Bowdoin College
A talk by Sharon Treat, download the flier: FastTrackingGlobalWarming
The full talk or a 15 minute edit of this talk are now available on line.
• On 31 Jan, Maine Fair Trade Campaign’s Vice President Matt Beck hand-delivered a letter to Senator Collins and Senator King in solidarity with the Inter-continental Day of Action. Including a copy of the 2013 Legislative Maine Joint Resolution to unanimously oppose Fast Track and a list of over 550 groups urging congressional opposition to Fast Track, the letter urges both Senators to oppose TPA/Fast Track and asks for clarification of their position on Fast Track.
• InterContinental Call for Day of Action Jan 31, 2014
•An edited video of Representative Treat’s November talk is available.